Monday, September 5, 2011

Eat That Frog! 5Sept11


It always amazes me how quickly a task that I may have postponed for weeks and weeks is actually accomplished when I finally just do it.  Today's story was about re-wrapping some insulation around some exterior water pipes with reflective sticky tape. The repairman didn't put it back together after he fixed the leak (that's quite another story) and I have been conscious of the need to do this inconsequential and gargantuan task for ages and ages but there was always something preventing me, it was always too dark, or too hot, or too late, or too early, or too something. 

As I finally steeled myself to go do it, and I realized it took maybe 3 minutes, I was laughing to and at myself.  I was also reminded of a great book I read several years ago by Brian Tracy called Eat That Frog!  Twenty-one Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time.  Now that 'school' is starting for me again, maybe its time to get it out and go through it again.

No frogs were harmed in writing this note.

No comments:

Post a Comment