Saturday, July 2, 2011

Flip Wilson Had It Right - 2Jul2011

Remember him? "What you see is what you get."  Or in plain language, how we each see our world is what comes to us, what we continue to create.  If we perceive the world as a generally friendly cooperative place, we tend to each feel generally befriended and cooperated with.  There may be instances when this doesn't happen - that 'bad stuff' happens instead - but these other times tend to be more easily dismissed as aberrations rather than the norm.  What I choose to see is a world that works, where people cooperate and everyone wins.

One of my dear friends, I'll call her Helen, had planned an enjoyable weekend with her friend who I will call Larry.  Larry hurt his foot while working on his second home and the doctors were doubtful that Larry could travel because of several potential medical complications.  She was really sad about this and we prayed about it, knowing and believing and trusting that his foot wasn't as bad as the doctors thought it was and that he could come home.  He arrived home yesterday and gets to stay for a full six weeks so that his foot can rest.  I don't expect to see much of my friend for the next six weeks, but I know she's happy.  

And I'm good with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment