Monday, July 4, 2011

Let It Be, Let It Be...

I'm a doer by nature.  So the notion of just being still, and letting things happen on their own is not completely 'natural' to me.  Yesterday I had the marvelous gift of being able to just sit on the shaded patio of a friend's beautiful house and just stare off into the distance at the mountains, the desert, and the building cumulus clouds of what would later become last night's yummy rains.  To not have to do anything, be anything, have anything, other than that moment of now was totally delicious.  It wasn't silence -- there were kids splashing and laughing in the pool, a bit of ukelele music on the I-Thing and conversation going on at a nearby table.  For a long moment, it was like all my gears disengaged and I was coasting without any effort.  I was sitting peaceably and contented, not thinking about anything, just being.  Nice.


That moment reminded me of the bliss of a morning meditation -- the internal stillness, the spaciousness, the allowing, the ease and the penultimate trust that all is well with the world and nothing at all was needed from me.


All is well.

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to follow your thoughts and what inspires you through a blog, Janis. Looking forward to wonderful moments of blissful creativity. Congratulations on your new blog.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete